Sunday, May 28, 2017

[Falcon 4 BMS] Mirage 2000-5 : Night navigation

Today I'm planning a really easy flight from Mikonos LGMK to Leros LGLE in order to start night operations. In deed, it is the first time I will fly at night in F4 BMS. This is the opportunity to improve my check-lists.

I will take off at 4 a.m. then fly toward Ikaria Island. I will carry on fence-in check-list then turn south. There I will carry on the fence-out check-list. Finally, I will contact Leros Tower to be guided to the airstrip where I will land and stop my engine.

The first thing I will have to add to my check-list is the use of the flashlight (shft + s) in order to operate the cockpit by night. Unfortunately, it requires the batteries to be on, why can't this pilot owns a hand light? Then I will also add the NVG check.

Ready to take-off
 Well I finally did it and took off...

In flight
No problem with the fence-in and fence-out check-lists except that I will have to consider cockpit and instrument lighting (off while fence-in, then on for fence-out).

Flying with NVG

Cockpit operation with NVG

Following this flight I will have 7 more lines to add to my check-lists...

The new check-list is now available in 0.9.4 in the Documentation section or directly here

No comments:

Post a Comment