Tuesday, March 31, 2020

[DCS] Su-27: Here I fly again

Here I am again in the air with a new project : flying the [DCS] SU-27.

As usual after a long break, I have to familiarize again with the simulator. Yet it is a good opportunity to start all again with a new plane and learning its procedures.

The designated target will be the Sukhoi Su-27.

This plane has always been my favorite from the time I saw it for real at Le Bourget Airshow or when I played with it on Flanker simulator (the very first one).


To start I had to gather information about this plane and its procedures. As the documentation provided by DCS manual is really poor I have been given a link to a very comprehensive document that can be found on http://www.secretprojects.co.uk.
Based on this document and on the previous check-lists I had already written (see the documentation page on this blog) I began to write and test the cold and dark procedures for this plane.

Here are some pictures of it

First step is to check the plane and the cockpit:


Then start the engines:


And finally taxi to the runway.

You can find the 0.2 version of my check-lists here or check the documentation page.

No comments:

Post a Comment