Monday, February 19, 2018

[FSX] Pilatus PC6 Porter : On the road again (Part 2)

Now it's time to go for the first step of my travel to the next theater... As scheduled, this first flight will take me from Akrotiri LCRA to Gecitkale LCGK.I will follow a VFR flight plan along the shores of Cyprus.

As the weather changed since the last flight, the active runway is now 28.

Ready to take-off on runway 28
 When in the air, I follow the left hand circuit to rejoin the sea and start my navigation.

Downwind leg

I leave the airbase at 08:07 and climb to 9,500 ft as I head to the 56° to reach the VOR beacon LCA. I should be on it at 08:27.

Flying along the coast.
A few minutes later, I can see Larnaca airport on my left.

Larnaca in sight
Still a few minutes to fly and I'm proud to see that I am be precisely on time over my turning point. My remaining fuel is 150 gal which is very good too. 

Over Larnaca
 It is the occasion to have a look at the AI traffic thanks to World of AI

AI traffic on parking

Aegean airline in flight
 

Now I can turn left to follow the 14° radial which will make me follow the coast. 
Then after a few minutes, I have to turn right to follow the 88° course. And after a 20 minutes flight I turn right again to the 325°. Thus I have to descend to 8,500 ft to fit the VFR altitude rules (Even South West).

Another few minutes later, I see my destination airfield on my right.

Destination in sight
As it is a non controlled airfield, I just announce myself and my intending to land there. Thanks to the good weather conditions and the clear picture of the airfield I decide to enter directly in final leg and land at once.

Landed at Gecitkale.
I touch the ground at 09:00 with a few minutes late. I still have 140 gal in my tank. It should be enough for the next flight. I stop the plane and shut it down before the next flight...

My flight plotted on the map


Today was quite an easy flight yet I still had trouble managing the throttle and the power lever. This is going to be the main axis of work of the following sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment