Tuesday, October 3, 2017

[Falcon 4 BMS] Mirage 2000-5 : Operation Dragon Shield (Debriefing)

Now it's time to debrief the mission. I will start with the planification, then the rampstart and finally the flight.

Planification : 

Planification of this mission was not my primary goal as I haven't any knowledge in air combat tactics. Yet I learnt that it's possible to go bellow a SA-2 if it's impossible to go around. The issue is that I have to climb hard to get aerial superiority after that.

The other point I should work on is fuel managment. I had no clue in it and I just took what the computer told me to... This is one of the next step i'll hae to take.

I still have some problems with my controller settings. Some keys are missing. For example I couldn't jettison my external fuel tanks before engaging air-to-air combat

Rampstart :

My rampstart procedure works fine and after the fence-in I'm ready to do the job. But I think I could improve it further more by including test procedures during the warm-up. I saw the TEST button on the MFD but I didn't study it yet. This could be the subject of another lesson.

Flight : 

There is one system I didn't used yet : the autopilot ! This could be useful during long navigations. So there is one last thing to include in my next session.

Flying as a wingman with a AI leader is quite not a good idea since it doesn't react cleverly to any event and cannot adapt its behavior. Next time I'll take the lead.

Concerning tactics, I know that I have everything to learn from scratch.

To sum-up I would say that the three next things I will work on are : fuel managment, systems tests and autopilot. This is going to be the subject of the next flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment