Monday, October 2, 2017

[Falcon 4 BMS] Mirage 2000-5 : Operation Dragon Shield

Now it's time to go...

I get in my plane and carry out the rampstart procedure following the brand new version of my check-lists (refer to DOCUMENTATION page).

Once the engine is running and all the systems are operationals and tested I start rolling behind my team leader. During the taxi, I carry out the last tests and then we wait at runway threshold for the take-off clearance.

Waiting for the clearance
Due to the emergency we are taking off in formation

Taking off
I quickly regroup on my leader and we start the navigation to be on time over the target

Regrouping
Then it's time to do the fence-in and we dive to 300 ft to avoid this SA-2 threat on the coast. And soon the shores of Syria appear in the mist

Shores of Syria
We are quickly over the land where we try not to be spotted by the SAM.

Over the land
Unfortunately we are finally detected and my leader engage defensive measures as I dive lower over the ground to get through safely.
My leader couldn't escape it and despite its counter measures he finally gets hit by a missile leaving a black trail of smoke behind.

Leader is hit
He ends its course hitting hard the ground.

Leader is down

Now I'm on my own...
I climb to 4000 ft to acquire my target which should be in the air by now. As expected I can find him immediately. I engage full PC to attack before he tries to escape.

Target locked
As soon as he enters my no-escape zone I shoot a EM missile : "Fox-3 medium !" immediately followed by "Pitbull!".
And it's a kill!!!

Target crashes
Kill confirmed
Mission complete, now it's time to go back home... But the two MIG-23 patrolling the area are now on my back. No way I can go across the SA-2 threat zone with them in my six. I'll have to shoot them.

My plan is to engage the first one with my last EM missile and then enter a dogfight with the second to get rid of him with my two IR missiles. Again I engage full PC and take as much altitude as I can.

MIG-23 in front of me
Quickly I get in range to shoot the first MIG : "Fox-3 medium !", "Pitbull !" and it's another kill!!!

Another kill !
Unfortunately, the time I shoot and kill the first, the second one is close enough to me to launch an AA-7 which will hit me. I only have a couple of seconds to eject before my plane explodes in the air...

Eject! Eject! Eject!
So this is how my first mission ends. Quite not a success but I proud I could get up there and validate all my procedures...

See you soon for the debriefing...














No comments:

Post a Comment